LANZO TORINESEThere was no plan actually about what to do in Italy. We knew we want to travel to Turin at least two times, maybe three, to see everything worth to be seen. But we didn't really care when we want to do it exactly. Everything depended on our actual mood. The third day of our arrival we went to see Turin and the next day was Lanzo day. The following day we wanted to visit Turin again, but condition of my knees were so bad we ended up sitting in the balcony in the morning, catching sunlight and the feeling was extremely good. Alhought we didn't do what we planned it didn't really matter. We were on holiday, we were in Italy, watching Alps, having sunbath. That was all we cared about. We didn't rush anywhere, it was our time. What we did was only up to us. And it was the most beautiful thing of that trip- no need to hurry up or do something particular. Being in Italy was enough for us.
|Lanzo at night|
|Enjoying our sunny room. Modelling. Lots of. Having a great, relaxing time.|
|Some people don't need a photographer ;)|
Our neighborhood and street, Via Fontana del Monte. Lovely views from our balcony window. Streets with mountain view that we could march through every day with great happiness.
We though we were buying a lettuce, kind of only-in-italy lettuce. The lettuce turned out to be a cabbage. So much for fresh bread with a lettuce and a tomato :)
On our way to Parco Diavolo. So beautiful and sunny! Such a lovely walk.
|At the end of the road we discover a paradise!|
Roofs and mountains plus nice looking buildings on our way. Saw so many great buildings there!
1. The best view that day. We went out of town straight to that fairy-tale, promising land of Parco Diavolo.
2. Modelling part two.
3. It's impossible not to go there where there is such nice path.
4. Sitting on a rock, enjoying the warmth of that day. We didn't use to so many degrees in February, nor to such sunny days in winter.
1. Lovely path to the Ponte del Diavolo, the most famous place in Lanzo. But not only the bridge, but also the whole park was splendid.
2, Do I look happy?
3. I was happy! :)
4. Down, down, to the river.
1. On the top of the ... uphill. But for small legs each uphill become a mountain.
2. Pretending the weather was so great we could walk without a jacket. All for friends who stayed in Poland- just a little harmless lie :) Sunny but windy day.
Molto, molto felice! And quite good looking in that parka jacket when a shawl hide my double chin.
Ponte del Diavolo. Great view. Many pictures were taken here, one similar to the next one. There is a story hidden behind it. It seems that some power were involved in creating this bridge. Better being carefull while walking throuh it.
Abandoned glasses. One's face look better without them :)
1. Deciding which picture to be sent to our friends.
2. Stairs down to the river.
3. Different view of the bridge.
4. The river. It was deeper a year ago. A big drought drunk up almost all the water, killing fish.
Looking proud and self-satisfied. I'm so proud I decided to do that and go to the trip to Italy. Courage is what I need if I want to be pleased about my life. Remember- only you can create your chances! If you really want something- go for it! What deep thoughts we have here haha.
They look the same but every picture was precious for us. It's our documentary. Wanted to preserve our journey forever.
The same? Yeah, I know. But isn't it glorious? :)
1. My little friend at the top of the world.
2. She looks happy too.
3. Trying not to fall down like a rock.
It would be a long fall :)
Like an angel. The Sun makes miracles ;)
- When you step on the bridge...
- So inviting.
- Me sitting on the rock. You need a magnyfying glass to see me :) My friend took this picture standing on the bridge, I was interested in searching what's behind me in the forrest. I really needed a toilet!
|Our bridge from different point of view. It was so magnificent we took many pictures of it. I mean, a lot!|
|You know what I mean?|
|Do you really need more evidence? :)|
|Wanted to jump into it.|
- Still on the bridge.
- Not only bridge was stunning!
- What a feeling standing under the bridge. You feel so small.
- Blue and white- best colours on holidays!
4. Our best friend that day- The Sun.
|Feeling like children again! They have great playground in Lanzo near the train station. Don't forget to visit it while sightseeing Lanzo!|
The following day. Trip to Balangero.
A lazy day. I needed to protect my sick knee. No particular plans for the day. Only Balangero, and before that- viewing Lanzo a bit more. We fell in love with that little, quiet city.
- No plans means relaxing on the balcony, sunbathing.
- Making fun of myself on a lovely little walk around our house.
- Our closest neighbourhood.
- A little colour in our lives :)
- Somewhere there is our lovely house.
- Little history.
|This building used to be a prison in a war 1918-1919.|
|That doesn't sounds good.|
Heading to Balangero. Time to see what the world has to offer for us. We were glad we took some more money with us to travel and enjoy out trip a bit more. Even if it was getting dark we wanted to make the most of that precious day. Three ours in Balangero was enough to us to make the effort and get into a train.
- Nice park.
- A palm tree in someone's garden.
Balangero greeted us with clouds. It was two-faced city. A new part of it looked like money and moderness. Nothing original. But when you go towards the church on a hill, you will find an old town of the city. And that when you feel the originality and italian atmosphere. Even if it was quite scary walking up the streets in the dawn when nobody else was out and roofs of the old houses obscured the last minutes of the day. We even made up a little story about hunting for people in the village residented in vampires :) It didn't help us at all. We were getting scared more and more. The power of imagination... ;)
But when we climbed the hill and found a church on the top of it, then looked down on the quiet city and the roofs, birds singing around us like crazy, we felt peace and great enjoyment. It was beautifull up there. Such a loss we had to go down and hurry to the train after 10 minutes.
|Beautiful. I could stay there forever!|
After visiting Balangero we decided we prefer Lanzo. It was more mixed than Balangero and had more beautiful sorroundings. We were very lucky that fate brought us to Lanzo, instead of Balangero or Turin, even of Venaria.
Back in Lanzo
Visiting an old pastry-shop the same evening. Watching how they produced a hand-made pasta. Met an owner the previous day at the bridge. We are friends now even if we didn't understand each other ;) And probably they hoped we buy something from them haha. But it still feels great to be a part of that community.
A lovely evening with our hosts. They make specially for us bagna cauda, a sause from the region in Piedmont. So nice of them. It was delicous!
Spending money on something that people don't do any more. But isn't it nice to receive a postcard from Italy? :) P.S. I didn't do that. Such a waste of money ;)
It was a nice trip. We loved Lanzo and our hosts. The view of Alps were our daily bread. We really needed that trip. To calm our souls and to see the Sun finally, after three months of bad weather in Poland. It was unforgettable trip. Some life-altering decisions were made even if we didn't realize it yet. Ok, it wasn't about me, but it sounded so great and cool that our lives has changed after visiting Italy :) But it was only Agnieszka who made up her mind about a future career, even if she didn't know it at that time. She felt that something inside her had changed but she needed some more day to finally followed her dreams. That trip meant a lot for both of us. I hope my future will change too. There has to be something behind the door of life. I just need to gather my courage and open it finally without fear. I can feel it, it's growing inside me- it's time to open a new leaf. And I want to go for it. Well, I wait and see what will happen to me :)
In next post we will visit Turin together, so stay tune :)
|A friend of ours. Especially Agnieszka's. She loves cats!|
In next post we will visit Turin together, so stay tune :)